Sunday, October 12, 2008

Transition

Reflecting on my life after graduating with a hard-earned master's degree, mine has been a season of transition which I must say is still in progress. With mixed thoughts and unsure sentiments about staying longer in Finland - a country and experience that will forever be one to remember. In so many ways, I think of those two years and five months as an experience that I would otherwise not wish to re-live, but still one that made me grow and change in positive ways. (And perhaps not-so-good ways that I keep trying to evaluate and change...).

The post-election violence in Kenya at the beginning of the year caused a sudden change of plans - from going to Kenya, my beloved country to explore what the great and mighty United Kingdom would have for this mini globetrotter.

Oh well, it's been nine months in this place, and I have, due to changing circumstances managed to live in three different cities/towns. Wolverhampton, Manchester and now Coventry. Asked if I would seek to make a move to another place, I feel that I dont have the energy for making frequent moves, but a deep, honest, realistic view of my season predicts yet another coming move. Even though I dont know where and for what reason the next one shall be, my silent prayer is that it will be one of a more permanent nature because I do want and need to establish some kind of stability in my life.

In the meantime, I appreciate different seasons for the character they build in me, the different, interesting people that I meet and the wide horizons of life that I get to explore and experience. While I look forward to a more stable posture, I try to remember that this moment is what makes life, and that I should enjoy it fully for it will soon be a past that I want to pleasantly remember.

1 comment:

Karyn said...

Leah...welcome to the world of blogging! I look forward to reading about your life and thoughts in the future!

You are wise to accept that this is a season in your life.

I love the title of your blog...it is a philosophy I try to live by. Enjoy the moment, be aware of the blessings of the day.

Drop by my blog..."Musings from Me", then you can link to Kathryn's blog from there.

"See" you soon...in bloggerland!